Sunday, February 11, 2018

"The Old and the New" February 10,2018

"The Old and the New"
Week 4
February 10, 2018


This week i watched a rather strange film called John Dies At The End.  This film/ book is about this new drug called the "soy sauce" and it moves and changes and puts people into an out-of-body experience that leaves you coming bak completely changed and different.  I watched this thinking some guy named John is going to die at the end of this, but the twist is that he does not at the end... but something else saves him and the world from an otherworldly invasion.  

The two main characters, John and Dave are good friends.  John, while being questioned he i when he is under the "soy sauce", telepathically contacts Dave, and helps him to escape from the police station where he ended up. He helps him escape the ghost that appears as a cop, and brings him to a guy named Marley's house which is the guy who got him the "soy sauce" and the place catches on fire. All of these events are completely random but somehow all seem to go together. I believe this is what the idea of "the new and weird".  Because towards the end, all the events that have lead up to when the enter the new world, is beyond crazy. I noticed that paying attention to this movie is very important because if you miss something, it can become very confusing very quickly.  

At the end, John and Dave get saved by their dog who destroyed the evil Korrok who was going to take over their world. This part I have to say, threw me off. Not realizing it was the dogs destiny to do all of these things and bring these people together to defeat Korrok and the corrupt world that they live in.

Overall, I thought the movie was a success and it leaves me very intrigued to read the novel to see how that all plays out compared to the movie.

1 comment:

  1. I had to watch this movie twice. My first attempt, I only had it on as a background sound and got completely lost. The title also threw me off because I thought it meant it was going to be one of those films were it begins with the end (John dying) and would circle back to what led to his demise. But I never expected at how such an odd film it turns out to be.

    ReplyDelete