Wednesday, February 21, 2018


TheNightCircus.jpg

"The Novel of Spiritual Education"
Week 7
February 22, 2018

This week, I read the fantasy novel "Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, published in 2011.  Before even reading it. I took a look at the cover itself, and found myself very interested in the image on the front cover.  It is of a hand and its in black and white and red, which are my favorite colors so I was interested in getting into this book.

 This enchanting book was also very intriguing, atmospheric and dark.  It is about a circus that is only open at night that pops up in these random towns.  These people wake up one day to see the black and white tents outside their windows, showing up unannounced.  I personally enjoy the circus and what it has to offer. I am particularly a big fan of Cirq De Solel.  I have seen two of the performances and it is kind of similar to the experience of the book.

When the people enter the circus, they realize that it is a magical circus in another world, but there are several different tents which are all different worlds of their own.  One tent is the ice garden which was my personal favorite and there was the illusionist tent, where all of them are very vivid in their descriptions which makes you want to go there and fall in love.

The circus is also not just the circus, it is also a competition between these two magicians who are thrown into the competition without guidelines or any rules.  All they know is that they are there, and that they have to be a part of it and display their magical abilities and perform them to the audience to the best of their abilities.  I didnt get horribly far in it, but from what i got to, i was really enjoying the book. It was a good read that i would recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment